ScheBo® • Pancreas Elastase 1 Quick™ Canine Test
Stool test for the fast and reliable diagnosis/ exclusion of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
… now also available as a rapid test
The new ScheBo® • Pancreas Elastase 1 Quick™ Canine is a rapid test to quickly and conveniently exclude or diagnose canine EPI in your own surgery.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) is often underdiagnosed. The presenting symptoms are non-specific and may include:
• Weight loss • Maldigestion • Diarrhoea • Vomiting • Poor coat condition
Once diagnosed it can successfully be treated with pancreatic enzymes.
ScheBo® • Pancreas Elastase 1 Quick™ Canine Test:
- Diagnosis/exclusion of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency caused by e.g. Pancreatic Acinar Atrophy, Chronic Pancreatitis,
- Diabetes Mellitus, Pancreatic Cancer, etc.
- Uses monoclonal antibodies – substitution therapy does not influence the test result
- Absolutely pancreas-specific
- No blood sampling
- No starvation periods needed
- Intestinal inflammation does not interfere with the result
- High sensitivity and specificity
- A single small stool sample
- High sample stability allows storage at room temperature