ScheBo® • Elastase 1 – Canine
Non-radioactive pancreatic function test for dogs
Weight Loss – Maldigestion in dogs !
Is the pancreas involved?
Weight loss and maldigestion (usually presenting as steatorrhoea) are two of the main clinical symptoms suggestive of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in dogs. A diagnosis or exclusion of this condition is then required.
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is very often only diagnosed as a reason for weight loss, maldigestion and /or steatorrhoea at an advanced stage of disease. However, an early diagnosis of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency allows early initiation of successful treatment with pancreatic enzymes substitution therapy.
ScheBo® • Elastase 1- Canine is a non-radioactive and highly sensitive and specific assay for the determination of canine pancreatic elastase 1 (E1) in faeces, which reflects the exocrine capacity of the pancreas.
ScheBo® • Elastase 1- Canine is an ELISA test based on monoclonal antibodies and guarantees a reliable diagnosis of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency even under pancreatic enzyme substitution therapy. Using this test exocrine pancreatic insufficiency can be distinguished from intestinal diseases and hepatobiliary disorders affecting the small intestine.
Indications and main advantages
- Diagnosis or exclusion of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency caused by, for example, pancreatic acinar atrophy, pancreatic cancer, chronic pancreatitis, parasites or stones.
- E1 is absolutely pancreas-specific.
- The test is non-radioactive. An isotopic laboratory is not required.
- A single pea-sized stool sample is sufficient.
- High stability of pancreatic elastase 1 allows time for convenient mailing.
- No need to interrupt substitution therapy.
- There is no need for a 12-hour starvation period, in contrast to the necessary preparation before the cTLI test.
» General information
The first test for the quantification of canine faecal elastase 1 indicated in suspicion of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency.
» ELISA Test
Indications, advantages, reference concentration, specificity and sensitivity, method of detection, sample material, short protocol
» Rapid Test
Stool test for the fast and reliable diagnosis/ exclusion of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
» References/literature download
Please find here selected literature as download. The complete list of references is to be found on “References/literature fax request”.
» References/literature fax request
Here you can download a pdf-file with a list of references/literature. If you are interested in any of these publications please fill in the form, fax it to us and we will send it to you free of charge.