Further indications, specificity and sensitivity, method of detection, sample material, sample stability and shipment, short protocol
- Complementary investigation in the diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma
- Monitoring response to therapy
- Early detection of relapse or of metastasis
- Monitoring of tumor agressiveness
- Diagnostic support and patient follow-up:
– Colorectal Cancer
– Gastric Cancer
– Oesophageal Carcinoma
– Lung Cancer
– Breast Cancer
– Pancreatic Cancer
High specificity and sensitivity
Renal Cell Carcinoma:
Specificity: >90% Sensitivity: 70-100% (depends on Robson stage)
Methode of detection
- Human EDTA-plasma. Other sample material such as serum, heparin plasma or citrate plasma must not be used.
- Haemolytic, icteric or lipaemic samples are not suitable for Tumor M2-PK measurement.
Sample stability and shipment
- Blood samples must be collected into EDTA tubes. Samples must be centrifuged and the supernatant EDTA-plasma must be carefully removed into storage tubes within 24 hours of blood collection.
- EDTA-plasma samples are stable for 3 days at 4-8 °C or for up to 1 year at -20 °C.
- EDTA-plasma samples diluted with sample/washing buffer 1x may be stored for up to 1 day at 4-8 °C and for 10 days at -20 °C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Short protocol for the experienced user
Important: The short protocol is not a substitute for the detailed protocol given in the instruction manual!
- Prepare the sample/washing buffer 1x
- Dilute EDTA-plasma samples (10 µl EDTA-Plasma + 1000 µl sample/washing buffer 1x)
- Reconstitute lyophilized standards and control with sample/washing buffer 1x
- Pipette 50 µl blank, standards, control and samples in duplicate into the ELISA-strips – Incubate 60 minutes at room temperature – Wash
- Add 50 µl Tumor M2-PK EDTA-Plasma Test Complex (ready-to-use)
– Incubate 30 minutes at room temperature in the dark – wash
- Add 100 µl TMB-Substrate solution (ready-to-use)
– Incubate 15 minutes at room temperature in the dark
- Add 100 µl TMB-Stop solution (ready-to-use)
- Read plate at OD 450 or OD 450-OD 620 between 5 and 30 minutes after addition of the TMB-Stop solution
- Evaluate with standard curve using a log-log scale