The metabolic biomarker “Faecal M2-PK” is a screening parameter for colorectal (bowel) cancer and polyps and is independent of “Faecal Occult Blood” (FOB).
The ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test is a totally new approach for bowel cancer secreening tests. Previosly, only non-specific tests for blood in the stool could be used to give an indication of an existing bowel cancer or its precursors. With the new ELISA method for M2-PK in the stool it′s now possible to detect bleeding or non-bleeding bowel cancers, as well as polyps. The test is not dependent on occult blood.
Advantages, method of detection, sample material, short protocol
The main advantages of the ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test are:
- High sensitivity
- High specificity
- Not dependend on occult blood
- Detects bleeding or non-bleeding bowel polyps, especially >1cm
- Detects bleeding or non-bleeding bowel tumours
- Not affected by particular foods
- No special diet required
- No false results from haemorrhoids or other sources of blood in the bowel
- A single pea-sized sample is sufficient
Methode of detection
Sandwich ELISA with two monoclonal antibodies highly specific for human M2-PK. The ELISA kit is based on a microtiter plate (96 well format) with 12 single strips x 8 wells suitable for up to 42 samples in duplicate.
A single pea-sized stool sample is sufficient.
Short protocol for the experienced user
ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test for the quantitative determination of M2-PK by healthcare professionals.
Important: The short protocol is not a substitute for the detailed protocol given in the instruction manual!
- Prepare the washing buffer (and the extraction buffer)
- Extract stool and homogenize
- Reconstitute lyophilized standards and controls with washing buffer
- Pipette 50 µl blank, standards, control and samples in duplicate into the ELISA strips – Incubate 60 minutes at room temperature – Wash
- 50 µl anti-Tumor M2-PK-biotin and POD-Streptavidin-Complex (ready-to-use) – Incubate 30 minutes at room temperature (in the dark) – Wash
- 100 µl substrate solution (ready-to-use) – Incubate 15 minutes at room temperature (in the dark)
- Add 100 µl stop solution (ready-to-use)
- Read plate at OD 450 or OD 450 – OD 620
- Evaluate with standard curve using a log-log scale