The manufacturing of our leading products is matched exactly to satisfy of our customers.
ScheBo® • Biotech AG was founded by the biochemists and molecular biologists Ursula Scheefers-Borchel, Ph.D., and Hans Scheefers, Ph.D.
Continuous innovation, strong customer focus and creative problem solving have made ScheBo® • Biotech AG a worldwide leading manufacturer of unique products. We invite you to convince yourselves of the advantages of ScheBo® • Biotech AG. Come and see!
ScheBo® • Biotech AG
Netanyastrasse 3 / 35394 Giessen / Germany
Phone: +49-(0)641-4996-0 /Fax: +49-(0)641-4996-77
eMail: schebo [at] schebo.com / Internet: www.schebo.com
Board of Executives of ScheBo® • Biotech AG:
René M. Kröger, Ph.D. (Chairman)
Foundation (year): 1989
Areas of Activity: VD-Diagnostics, Drug development
ScheBo® • BiotechAG holds many national and international patents in the above fields
ScheBo® • Biotech AG has academic alliances with several universities and university hospitals in Europe, USA, Japan, England, Italy, Israel and Canada.
ScheBo® • Biotech UK Ltd., founded: 1999
ScheBo® • Biotech USA Inc., founded: 2001
Awards and Certificates:
1993 – Hessian Innovation Award of the MBG
1998 – Hessian Innovation Award of the MBG
2002 – “Hidden Champion 2002”
2002 – “Innovationspreis der deutschen Wirtschaft” (4 certificates)
2004 – Among the Top 5 for the “Innovationspreis der deutschen Wirtschaft”
- is specialiced in the manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies against a variety of antigens, the development of routine test procedures (e.g. ELISA systems, biosensors) and the identification and isolation of target proteins,
- is completely privately funded and hence independent,
- operates internationally,
- offers innovative products which have world-wide a unique position in the field of clinical diagnostics.
R&D and manufacturing led to the successful launch and sales of the following products:
- ScheBo® • Pancreatic Elastase 1 Stool Test
(launched in 1993)
- ScheBo® • Pancreatic Elastase 1 Serum Test
(launched in 1994)
- ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ EDTA Plasma Test*
(launched in 1998)
- ScheBo® • Elastase Canine Test
(launched in 1999)
- ScheBo® • Brainostic™ Western Blotting Test
(launched in 2000)
- ScheBo® • Quick-Prep®
(launched in 2002)
- ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test Laboratory*
(launched in 2003)
- ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test Pharmacy*
(launched in 2003)
- ScheBo® • Pancreatic Elastase 1 Stool Test (fast)
(launched in 2004)
- ScheBo® • Brainostic™ GFAP ELISA
(launched in 2004)
- ScheBo® • Pancreatic Elastase Serum Test (fast)
(launched in 2005)
- ScheBo® • M2-PK Quick™ -Test (lateral flow test)
(launched in 2007)
- ScheBo® • 2in1 Quick™ -Test (lateral flow test)
(launched in 2012)
- ScheBo® • Pancreas Elastase 1 Quick™ -Test (lateral flow test)
(launched in 2013)
- ScheBo® • Pancreas Elastase 1 Quick™ Canine-Test (lateral flow test)
(launched in 2014)
- ScheBo® • Hb Smart™ -Test
(launched in 2015)
- ScheBo® • Lactoferrin Smart™ -Test
(launched in 2017)
- ScheBo® • Calprotectin Smart™ -Test
(launched in 2018)
ScheBo® • Biotech AG was founded in 1989 by the biochemists and molecular biologists Ursula Scheefers-Borchel, Ph.D., and Hans Scheefers, Ph.D.
Unique Selling Proposition:
In 1993 ScheBo® • Biotech AG launched worldwide the first non-invasive, cheap routine test procedure for monitoring the exocrine function of the pancreas. Today well reputed clinicians and medical text books regard the ScheBo® • Pancreatic Elastase 1 ELISA, based on two monoclonal antibodies, as the “gold-standard” for non-invasive pancreatic exocrine function testing. ScheBo® • Biotech AG is world market leader for this FDA-cleared product. Continuous innovation, strong customer focus and our problem solving philosophy have made ScheBo® • Biotech AG a leading biopharmaceutical company.
Closing a gap:
In 1998 ScheBo® • Biotech AG launched the ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ EDTA-Plasma Test, the first test worldwide that is able to detect a metabolic state, specific for 11 cancer entities, e.g. colon/rectum, gastric, pancreas, esophagus, breast, lung, prostate, kidney, renal, and cancer of the ovary. The predictive value of Tumor M2-PK reflects tumor activity and aggressiveness and gives clinicians additional information that is not provided by state of the art procedures. Thus, the ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ EDTA-Plasma Test closes a gap in the management of cancer treatment in clinical practice.
Fighting cancer, colorectal cancer screening:
In 2003 ScheBo® • Biotech AG launched the ScheBo® • Tumor M2-PK™ Stool Test, the first test detecting pyruvate kinase in stool, a new tool for colorectal cancer screening. This patented test is superior to the well-known occult blood stool tests. The new procedure has a sensitivity of 85% and a specificity of 92%. 2007 ScheBo® • Biotech AG launched the ScheBo® • M2-PK Quick™ Test, a worldwide new lateral flow test for colorectal cancer screening. Thereby ScheBo® • Biotech AG hopes to be able to significantly improve colorectal cancer patients′ chances of being cured. The crucial element is a patented procedure for determining Tumor M2-PK in stool samples. In 2012 ScheBo® • Biotech launched ScheBo® • 2in1 Quick (M2-PK+Hb) a brand new innovative combined rapid test to simultaneously detect the enzyme biomarker M2-PK and human hemoglobin for improved colorectal cancer screening. By simultaneously testing for M2-PK and Hemoglobin (Hb) both non-bleeding and bleeding colorectal cancers and polyps can be detected.
In 2000 and 2004 ScheBo® • Biotech AG launched different ScheBo® • Brainostic™ Tests which allow the detection of brain and spinal cord (risk material) in meat products, thus providing optimal consumer protection. The patents for both, the GFAP- and NSE-based tests, are owned by ScheBo® • Biotech AG.