The Main Customs Office of Giessen, Germany issued an AEO-F Certificate (Authorized Economic Operator – Customs Simplifications plus Security and Safety) to ScheBo Biotech AG on September 30, 2011.
The aim of the AEO program is to enhance security through granting recognition to reliable operators and encouraging best practice at all levels in the international supply chain. The AEO-benefits are:
- AEOs will be recognized worldwide as safe, secure and compliant business partners in international trade;
- If physical controls are to be conducted AEOs will be given priority treatment and a lower risk score in risk analysis systems when profiling;
- Mutual recognition of AEO programs under Joint Customs Co-operation Agreements could result in faster movement of their goods through third country borders;
- Reduced data sets for entry and exit summary declarations;
- AEOs will be in a stronger position to benefit from simplified procedures.
There are four blocks of criteria, which must be satisfied, and they are as follows:
- An appropriate record of compliance with customs requirements;
- A satisfactory system of managing commercial records which allow appropriate customs controls;
- Proven financial solvency;
- Appropriate security and safety standards.
There already exist agreements about a mutual recognition of the AEO status between the European Community and
Negotiations with further countries are currently taking place.